Friday, August 21, 2015

I Don't Care ~ Fall Out Boy

‘The best of us can find happiness in misery’

I know, all Fall Out Boy lyrics are incredible; but as I was listening to Folie à Deux for maybe the millionth time, this line stood out to me just because it’s just so damn true.

In everything bad that happens, there is always, ALWAYS, something good. This could be the littlest thing – it doesn’t have to be life changing.

For example, since my grandpa passed away last Easter, my more distant family have become a lot closer. For example, in talking a lot more to my auntie and it’s great! I’ve never felt closer to her!

I know it’s difficult to find a good thing in every situation and sometimes you just want to be sad, and that’s perfectly fine! You’re allowed to be sad, you’re allowed to cry and breakdown – that’s fine. But all I’m saying is that after you’ve had a cry, don’t sit there and wallow in that all too familiar empty feeling in your chest, go out and find something to make you smile.

‘The best of us can find happiness in misery’. We can. You can. You can find something to make you smile even if it’s the most stupid, weirdest, most insignificant thing ever, if it makes you smile – it’s important. Remember that.

So don’t push away the things that make you smile. Hold them close. Don’t let them go.

Well, this post turned out to be a lot deeper than I intended, but I sincerely hope it’s helped at least one person.

Also I strongly suggest you check out Fall Out Boy if you don’t already listen to them – there and incredible band, with amazing lyrics and even better melodies.


Anyway, I’ll see you soon xxx
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment