Friday, August 21, 2015

Fandoms....

So recently I’ve been wondering about belonging. I guess we all belong to a lot of things. Like our family, our school, but this post is specifically about fandoms….

Fandoms are simultaneously the best and worst thing to happen to the internet. I know that they can cause a lot of arguments and fights, but just for this post am going to focus on the positives.

In case you don’t know, a fandom is a group of people who all like one band or TV show. For example Directioners all like One Direction or the Phandom for people who like Dan and Phil.

I love fandoms, through them I have made some of my best friends. But I also love the sense of belonging you feel when you enter a fandom.

It’s like everyone suddenly accepts you into the fandom and its great! That sense of finally fitting into somewhere is incredible.

I guess this kind of fits into my post about Hiraeth (which you can read here J ). I guess that a fandom can be seen as a home. A safe place. Where you can finally be yourself and no one will mind because you’re all as weird as each other.

Are you apart of any fandoms? If so tell me in the comments J


That’s it for this post so I’ll see you soon xxx
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment